5 Super Bowl Snacks You Must Try!
1. Chunky Guacamole Finely chop 1 small white onion and 1 serrano chile. Mix with 1 cup torn cilantro, 3 diced avocados, the juice of 2 limes and salt to taste.
2. Chipotle Guacamole Mash 3 avocados with 1/4 cup minced red onion, 1 tablespoon minced chipotles in adobo sauce, the juice of 1 lime and salt to taste.
3. Tropical Guacamole Make Chipotle Guacamole (No. 2), replacing the chipotles with minced jalapenos. Add 1/4 cup each chopped mango and pineapple and 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro.
4. Lima Bean Guacamole Cook 10 ounces frozen lima beans in salted water until tender; drain and rinse. Pulse in a food processor with 1 avocado, 1/2 chopped small white onion, the juice of 2 limes, 1 serrano chile, 1/2 cup torn cilantro, and salt to taste. Fold in 1 chopped tomato.
5. Sausage and Pineapple Kabobs
- 1 pkg Aidell’s Chicken Apple Sausage (or use your favorite)
- ½ fresh pineapple (cut into spears, then cubed)
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce (I use Soy Vay)
- ¼ tsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cornstarch (used to help thicken the glaze)
- small wooden skewers
- Soak wooden skewers in cold water (this prevents them from burning on the grill).
- Measure teriyaki sauce into a small saucepan, stir in brown sugar. Heat over medium heat until it comes to a low boil.
- Stir ¼ cornstarch into about a tablespoon of water until well blended. Stir into teriyaki sauce. Reduce heat to low and continue to simmer until sauce begins to thicken (20-30 minutes).
- Cut each sausage into cubes and set aside (4-5 per sausage).
- To prep pineapple, first cut off ends, and carefully slice off skin. Slice in half lengthwise, then into quarters. Cut out core. Cut each quarter in half. You should now have 8 peeled & cored spears. Cut 4 of those spears into cubes (size size as the sausage cubes). Save remaining 4 spears for enjoying another time.
- Remove skewers from water and assemble with sausage & pineapple chunks.
- Preheat grill to medium and grill, turning regularly for about 5 minutes or until heated through with nice grill marks.
- Drizzle teriyaki glaze over top and enjoy!
Read more at: http://www.joyineveryseason.com/appetizers/sausage-pineapple-appetizer-kabobs/